Better yet, Claire and Hunky Dory are also included in the phenomenal e-book Kristin Tice Studeman wrote in the wake of restaurants closing for COVID-19 called Serving New York (download now and get inspired for dinner tonight!). 100% percent of the proceeds from Serving New York go to benefit ROAR (Relief Opportunities for all Restaurants) and Robin Hood's restaurant relief fund, providing cash assistance to NYC restaurant workers.
We can all cheers to that!
Hunky Dory's Bright & Herbaceous 'Outlook Good' Cocktail:
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh herb stems and scraps such as basil, mint, or rosemary
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) mezcal, dry vermouth, or any spirit you have
- 1 tablespoon (½ ounce) lime juice
- Combine water, sugar, and herbs in a small pot.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Let cool, then strain. (Herb syrup will keep, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for about one week)
- For one cocktail, combine 1 tablespoon herb syrup, the spirit of your choosing, and lime juice in a pint glass and top with ice. Stir and enjoy!
Claire's Best Of:
Party Song? I owned a seven inch of Queen's Radio Ga Ga when I was a little kid and it still really does the trick.
Party Dress Code? Bright patterns. They're also great for making it impossible to see the wine that I will inevitably spill on myself.
Party Trick? I know everyone thinks they are a good DJ (they are not), but I am actually a very good DJ.
Party Cocktail? Vermouth & Soda. Slow & steady wins the race.
Late Night Snack? Anything in a tortilla.
Best Party Ever Attended? I don't live in the past too much, but nothing will top the house parties of my early 20's when I was living in Houston. Footprints on the ceiling type of stuff.