Pizza continues to be one of our favorite food groups here at Social Studies. From a late night snack to the best comfort food, we could all use a little more pizza in our lives.
Which is why we asked Chef Jacob Berg of Highway Restaurant & Bar in East Hampton to give us the deets on this lobster pizza.
Better yet, if you live in the Hamptons you can hire The Highway by completing this online form to come make pizza (pizza oven included!) in your back yard and they will set the table with our very own Indigo-Go. A match made in pizza heaven.
Spicy Aragosta Pizza Recipe:
- 3 whole lobsters
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 head of fennel, large dice
- 1 large Spanish onion, large dice
- 1 carrot, large dice
- 2 stalks of celery, large dice
- 2 bay leafs
- 1/2 bunch of thyme
- Lobster stock (recipe above)
- Homemade or jarred tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Lobster sauce (recipe above)
- Basil (fresh and cooked on the pizza)
- Chili Flakes
- Calabrian chili
- Separate the tail and the claws from the lobster. Cook lobster tail in salted boiling water for 2 min. Separately, cook the claws for 3 min. Put tails and claws immediately into the ice bath to stop cooking. Remove meat from the shell (save the shells). Cut lobster meat into 1/4 inch pieces.
Chef's tip: If don’t want to separate the lobster while alive, cook it whole for 4 minutes and then follow steps 4-6.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the stock pot. Caramelize tomato paste. Add lobster shells (body, claws, and tails). Smash shells to release juices. Add diced fennel, carrot, onion, celery, bay leaf and thyme. Add water to cover the shells. Bring up to boil and leave on low heat for a minimum of 1 hour. Then, strain out the shells and vegetables and put the remaining stock back onto heat. Reduce the stock until it is a maple syrup consistency.
- Combine your favorite tomato sauce and lobster stock to taste. Heat on low until the tomato sauce has a deep lobster flavor. Freeze the leftover lobster stock.
- Spread lobster sauce evenly on your dough. Top the pizza with lobster chunks, basil, chili flake, calabrian chili, garlic, and oregano. Cook in the oven, slice, and enjoy!
Jacob's Best Of:
Party Song? Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
Party Dress Code? Hawaiian shirt party
Party Trick? Nutella calzone
Party Cocktail? Manhattans with a cherry
Late night snack? Cold pizza
Best Party Ever Attended? Unfortunately, I signed an NDA.