COVID-19 Update from Social Studies
We’re closely following the ever-changing news around coronavirus (COVID-19). This pandemic has in many ways changed the way the way we work. These changes have led us to making some updates of our own at Social Studies over the last month for the safety of our employees and to do our best to ensure a seamless experience for our customers. We are currently delivering nationwide, so you can still celebrate life’s moments. At the same time, our primary concern is the well-being of our team and customers, so we are implementing new protocols and enhanced safety measures.
- Our shipping partners are experiencing unprecedented challenges due to Covid-19 including staffing challenges, reduced production outputs, and higher shipping volumes across their networks. Due to increased Ecommerce demand, the volumes are as high as peak Holiday volumes and with reduced staffing it has put unimaginable stress on the entire shipping infrastructure. We have implemented several steps on our end to mitigate these types of challenges, including incurring higher costs while trying to ensure that you, our valued customers, have a great experience as you will always remain our first priority. Despite our best efforts, if there are instances where due to reasons that are beyond our control, your order gets impacted, we assure you that we will make it right for you.
- As always customer service is incredibly important and so we will be proactively reaching out to customers as best we can to keep you abreast of shipping updates.
- Employees in our warehouses continue to regularly deep clean high-touch areas with disinfectant recommended and follow all protocols advised by the CDC.
- For the safety and well-being of our couriers and customers, we are not offering courier delivery in New York City and Brooklyn. We are still delivering to these areas through our shipping partners.
- The global impact of COVID-19 is affecting our supply chain related to fresh floral. For that reason, we have decided to remove fresh floral from our menu.
With so much uncertainty in the world right now, we take solace in knowing we have a community of such gracious and caring customers. Together, we’ll continue to take this one day at a time.
As always, we want to continue making you - our customers - feel more connected and cared for. We will continue to provide updated information regarding our delivery and operations here. Please reach out to our Customer Experience Team if there is anything further we can do.
Team Social Studies